This autumnal sweet potato salad is a big crowd pleaser. it’s beautiful and people are always surprised to taste raw sweet potato. why not swap out your traditional sweet potato tsimmes for this variation?
- Prep Time
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 8 sprigs (½ bunch) fresh flat-leaf parsley, stems removed, plus 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Several grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
1. Place the garlic, parsley sprigs, sweet potatoes, orange juice, lemon juice, and zest, olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor equipped with a steel blade. Pulse until the sweet potatoes are well chopped, but not puréed. Remove to an attractive serving bowl.
2. Adjust the seasonings, sprinkle with the dried cranberries and the remaining chopped parsley, and serve.