*Note: Because of the moisture content of the sweet potatoes, expect these matzah balls to be softer than regular ones. Some of them might fall apart slightly, which actually makes the broth more flavorful!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 30 matzah balls ServingsServings
- 3 cup Sweet potatoes diced (approx. 1 large)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup matzah cake meal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat matzah meal
- 2 tablespoon potato starch
- 1 tablespoon passover baking powder
- 3 tablespoon chopped chives
- 3.5 quart water (14 cups)
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoon vegetarian parve chicken flavored bouillon
Boil sweet potatoes until tender (about 10 minutes). Drain well and set aside to cool
Combine cake meal, matza meal, potato starch and baking powder in a medium bowl.
Once the sweet potatoes are well drained and cooled, mashed them using a potato masher. Add cream cheese, salt and pepper and whip with a hand mixer until well combined. Add egg and mix well
Add matza mixture and chives and mix using a spatula or wooden spoon. Let rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes
In the meantime, bring water to a boil in a large (at least 4qt) soup pot. Add vegetable bouillon and dill.
Working with about a tablespoon of dough at a time, form matzah balls and carefully drop them into the boiling water. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes
*Note: Because of the moisture content of the sweet potatoes, expect these matza balls to be softer than regular ones. Some of them might fall apart slightly, which actually makes the broth more flavorful!