The original latkes were actually made from cheese!!! They're kind of like breakfast pancakes, but so light and fluffy and delish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (8-ounce) container quark cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Garnish: silan
- Whisk together cheese, sugar, milk, eggs and vanilla, in a mixing bowl, until fully and incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and gently mix into wet ingredients until incorporated.
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium-low heat. Coat with a bit of butter.
- Drop ¼ cup batter into the hot pan.
- Flip when bottom begins to form a crust and you can see the middle of the pancake is cooked, then cook 2 minutes more.
- Serve with a drizzle of silan or dollop of sour cream, if desired.