The pineapples, cranberries and apricots in this salad look like shining jewels. And of course, the taste matches their beauty.
- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 1 (10-ounce) package shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup packaged shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup orange-flavored Craisins or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained, (or 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, quartered
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place carrots, cabbage, raisins, Craisins, pineapple, apricots, juice, honey, oil, cinnamon and nutmeg in a salad bowl.
- Toss well to mix. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER