- 6-8 ServingsServings
- 1½ pound chicken thigh meat, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 Spanish onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5-ounce can)
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed (14.5-ounce can)
- 4 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat. When hot, add chicken and stir. Saute, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until chicken is browned on all sides.
Add green pepper, onions, and garlic. Stir and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 6-7 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add chili powder, Garam masala, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and brown sugar. Saute, stirring, for another 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes, stock, raisins, and vinegar. Stir, raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for about 25-30 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
Add beans, stir, and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until beans are heated through. Serve (over rice, if desired) garnished with chopped parsley.