- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- One medium onion I choose Tropea red onions
- One Leek
- One clove garlic
- One teaspoon Extra virgin olive oil I use half for roasting, half fresh on top just before serving
- One small Pumpkin Make sure it is edible pumpkin, not decorative!
- One quart Water
- One pinch Salt You can use salt with spices
- One pinch Pepper I prefer black, or green
- One small Chili I use the dried ones. Seeds and all
- One pinch herbs, like Italian seasoning
Slice the onion, leek and garlic. Heat a soup pot and pour in the teaspoon of olive oil. When hot, add the sliced garlic and onion. Saute until golden.
In the meantime cut up the pumpkin and chop the pulp into small pieces. Add the pieces to the onion and garlic and sauté for one minute. Heat up the water in another pot or microwave until boiling.
Pour the boiling water into the pot with the onion, garlic and pumpkin pieces. Add salt and pepper to taste and the chili and the herbs. Stir once.
Cook until boiling with high fire, then bring to a simmer.
Just before serving, use your immersion blender to make it creamy and heat up to boil again.
Serve with a good grinding of pepper and a swirl of cold olive oil. Enjoy!