The sweet and spicy Moroccan carrots are roasted instead of boiled, transforming this dish from a simple side salad to a unique side dish. Add a bit of honey for a sweet holiday touch.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1lb carrots
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°
2. Peel one pound carrots and slice into one-inch slices, on a diagonal.
3. Mix together cumin, red pepper flakes, garlic, honey, lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Pour dressing over carrots.
5. Place on baking tray and roast for 20 minutes.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe originally published in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine Fall 2014 Subscribe Now