This fun and healthy Sunshine Kabocha & Rainbow Chard Red Curry is a combo bowl of kabocha in homemade curry sauce, black bean noodles, and marinated tempeh.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 small sunshine (orange-skinned) kabocha squash, sliced into 1⁄2 inch thick pieces
- 1⁄2 bunch rainbow chard, chiffonaded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste (less if you don't like spicy foods)
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 12 ounces coconut milk
- 1 package noodles, we used black bean noodles
- 1 package multi-grain tempeh, sliced into 1⁄2" thick slices
- 1⁄4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- Black pepper to taste
1. Heat a pot or wok over medium heat. Add garlic, squash, curry and tamarind pastes, and tamari sauce, and cook several minutes.
2. Add coconut milk and let sim- mer for about 20 minutes until squash is nearly cooked through.
3. Add rainbow chard and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Serve over noodles, topped with tempeh.
4. Prepare noodles according to package instructions. Soften for 1⁄2 hour in hot, salted water.
5. Mix all sauce ingredients together and pour over tempeh. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
6. Bake marinated tempeh at 350°F for 30 minutes, turning once halfway through.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW