On Pesach use matzah meal in place of bread crumbs and you have yourself one creamy elegant stuffed Passover Portobello Mushroom.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 6 large portabello mushrooms, cleaned
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs or matzah meal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cup brie cheese, rind cut off and cubed
- 1/2 cup Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
Remove stems from mushrooms and carefully scrape out brown gills with a spoon. Place mushroom caps on a greased sheet pan, scooped side up.
In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs or matzah meal, salt and oregano, mix and set aside.
Divide brie evenly between mushrooms, placing several cubes all around inside of each cap. Dot each cap with cream cheese. Sprinkle mushrooms with chopped tomatoes and breadcrumb mixture. Season with pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
Broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is bubbly.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium high heat combine vinegar and sugar and simmer until reduced and thickened.
To serve, plate each mushroom, drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with fresh basil.