This pesto gets it kick from sun-dried tomatoes rather than nuts.
- Prep Time
- 2 cups:sun-dried tomatoes, soaked briefly in warm water and sqeezed thoroughly dry (Make sure not a drop of liquid remains --leaving any moisture will result in a soggy dish)
- 1 :large bunch of basil, all tough stems removed (about 2 cups, packed)
- 1 :large bunch of flat-leaf parsley, leaves and stems (about 1 cup, packed)
- 1 :head garlic, all cloves peeled
- 1 cup:extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper :to taste
- In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, basil, parsley, and garlic. Process, adding the oil gradually through the feed tube. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the pesto to clean, wide-mouthed glass jars and refrigerate.
This pesto gets it kick from sun-dried tomatoes rather than nuts or cheese and will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 weeks.