Italian flavored latkes.
- 4 ServingsServings
- 3 potatoes, cleaned, but not peeled
- 1 onion, cut up into large chunks
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomato pieces
- 1/4 cup Basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil for frying
- Grate potatoes in food processor, I use a shredder and then I place it back in with the blade to process a little finer by pulsing about 4 times.
- Add onion to food processor with blade and mix with potatoes. Strain all liquide out of potatoes by squeezing the liquid out. Add eggs, salt, pepper, flour, sun dried tomatoes, basil and cheese. Mix well.
- Heat large frying pan or skillet with oil. Once hot add potato mixture, one tablespoon at at a time. Once first side is brown, flip and cook until golden.
- Remove from pan and let drain on paper towels.