Summer is the season for cool, crisp salads- hearty enough to satisfy, light enough to refresh. Tropically inspired, this salad just seems to fit the bill.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ pound assorted mushrooms (e.g., shiitake and button), stems removed and sliced
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin rounds (optional)
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 ripe mango, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) can hearts of palm, sliced into thick rounds
- 1⁄3 cup craisins
- Sweet Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1⁄3 cup toasted almonds
Sauté: In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté mushrooms for 6-7 minutes or until soft.
Mix: In a large bowl, combine lettuces, onion, avocado, mango, peppers, hearts of palm, craisins and mushrooms. Add dressing and toss to combine. Sprinkle almonds on top and serve.
plan ahead - If not serving immediately, rewarm mushrooms prior to serving.