This recipe is more of a guide than anything else.
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup:extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup:pine nuts
- 1 :large garlic clove, smashed
- 1/4 cup:freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper:to taste
- Toast the pine nuts in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly until golden and fragrant.
- Combine the garlic and herbs in a food processor until coarsley chopped. Add the pine nuts and pulse until finely chopped.
- With the machine running, add the remaining oil in a thin stream and process until fairly smooth. Add the parmesan by hand and season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to one week.
This recipe is more of a guide than anything else. When summer is in full swing, let your garden, or the produce sale at your supermarket, dictate your choice of pesto.