- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 1 (10-ounce) carton :whole white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons :plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons :olive oil
- 1 teaspoon :prepared crushed garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon :black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean. Remove stems and set aside; place mushrooms, rounded side down, in a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Chop stems into small pieces and place in bowl.
- Add bread crumbs, olive oil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the mixture in each mushroom.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, until topping is slightly browned.
Sprinkle each stuffed mushroom with shredded mozzarella or grated parmesan cheese for a dairy meal.