I was recently at a sushi restaurant and they served incredible jalapeño poppers. They had tempura battered a jalapeño which was stuffed with spicy tuna....yum! I came up with this recipe to enjoy the taste and texture of the jalapeño poppers in a way that was approachable for me at home. This has become a really popular party food at my house.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 16 jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon oil or cooking spray
- 1 sushi-grade tuna steak
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ⅓ cup panko crumbs
- Teriyaki sauce, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Slice jalapeños in half and remove seeds.
3. Drizzle with oil, or spray with oil cooking spray.
4. Roast for fifteen minutes, allow to cool.
5. You can place roasted jalapeños in a sealed container and leave in your refrigerator up to two days before serving.
6. Finely chop tuna steak.
7. Combine mayonnaise, hot sauce, sesame oil, and mix into the tuna.
8. Stuff the tuna mixture into the jalapenos and place on a serving platter.
9. Top with panko crumbs and drizzle with teriyaki sauce.
10. Serve immediately, or keep refrigerated, covered, up to two hours before serving.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.