For those cold fall nights, this acorn squash recipe stuffed with flavorful duck sausage has just enough kick to warm you up.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 package Pelleh Poultry Italian duck sausage, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Spray the cut sides of squash with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place squash face down on a large baking sheet. Bake at 425°F until tender and browned on the edges, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan heat olive oil, then add onion and celery. Cook until celery is soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Add sausage and cook until slightly browned.
5. Add mushrooms, garlic, thyme, and more salt and pepper (if needed) to the pan. Cook, stirring after 5 minutes, then cook covered for 2 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft and cooked through. Divide (½ cup) between the squash halves. Garnish with parsley.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.