This salad can be modified to your family’s tastes by switching the nuts for seeds or the cheese for chicken. The fantastic thing about salads is that kids can make the entire dish from start to finish since it doesn’t involve working with heat
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 bunch fresh baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup almonds or pecans (or omit for food allergies)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or fruit vinegar, see recipe below)
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons honey
- Freshly ground pepper and kosher salt to taste
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 to 6 ounces sliced goat cheese or crumbled feta
- Garnish: 2 to 3 sliced strawberries
KIDS 4 and UP: In a medium mixing bowl, combine spinach leaves, strawberries, and nuts.
KIDS 6 and Up: In a separate bowl, whisk vinegars, honey, pepper and salt. Slowly add in olive oil while whisking to emulsify the dressing.
Pour dressing over greens and toss with tongs.
KIDS 4 and UP: Transfer salad to a serving bowl, sprinkle goat or feta cheese. Garnish with more strawberries if desired. Serve immediately.