It is the season to give rhubarb a chance — try it out in this quick dessert. Your kids can even help layer before serving.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 medium stalks of rhubarb (or 2 cups frozen), thinly sliced
- 1½ cups sugar
- 12 strawberries, or 3 cups frozen, sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup unflavored thick yogurt (I like Greek yogurt)
- Zest of 1 lime
- Garnish: sliced strawberries
- In a small saucepan, simmer rhubarb and 1 cup sugar until rhubarb breaks down and softens, about 6 minutes. Add strawberries and continue cooking for another 5 minutes until strawberries soften slightly.
- Cool berry mixture.
- Whip heavy cream with remaining sugar until medium peaks form. Whisk yogurt with lime zest and fold in whipped cream.
- Layer berries and cream mixture in glass canning jars or dessert glasses. Garnish with sliced berries.