This yummy dairy spread pairs perfectly with challah on holidays or Shabbat.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 large or 2 medium stalks fresh rhubarb, sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 pound butter, at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Place strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, water, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring just to a boil and then reduce heat to low-medium and simmer until completely soft and liquid has reduced, around 15 minutes.
2. Allow to cool completely. Put mixture in a food processor fitted with blade attachment and pulse until smooth.
3. Add strawberry-rhubarb mixture, salt, and softened butter. Combine until distributed. It’s okay if there are chunks of fruit here and there.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Shavuot 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW