- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry preserves or strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups diced English (seedless) cucumber (about 1 whole English cucumber, chopped)
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries (or frozen, thawed strawberries, halved)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lettuce leaves for serving, such as Bibb, Romaine, or red leaf lettuce
1 Place almonds in a small, dry skillet and set pan over medium heat.
2 Cook 3 to 5 minutes, until almonds are golden brown, shaking the pan frequently to prevent burning.
3 Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the preserves, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Dijon mustard.
4 Add the cucumber, strawberries, mint, and toasted almonds and toss to combine.
5 Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
6 Serve inside lettuce leaves or over chopped lettuce.
Source: Almond Board of California