- Prep Time
- 8 servings ServingsServings
- 1 :frozen puff pastry sheet (from a 17.3-ounce package), defrosted
- 1/2 cup:cream cheese
- 1/4 cup:ricotta cheese
- 1 cup:strawberry pie filling
- 1 :egg
- 2 tablespoons:confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with non-stick baking spray.
- Unfold pastry sheet on a flat work surface.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, ricotta and strawberry filling.
- Place cream cheese mixture on about 1/3 of pastry dough and roll as for a jelly roll.
- Place roll, seam side down, on prepared cookie sheet.
- Beat egg and brush the outside of roll.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, until puffed up and golden.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired and slice into 8 pieces. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tip: Serve on individual plates and garnish with a sliced fanned strawberry and some strawberry sauce for decoration. You might also sprinkle with sliced almonds.
When my recipe tester, Joy, served these to a group of friends, they were dying to know how we got the filling to be that pretty pink color. There was such intrigue and we held back, not divulging any of our quickie cookbook secrets. But now it can be revealed! Ta-da!