For me, there is nothing more delicious than a cool, refreshing granita to top off a summer meal. Here I pair strawberries with a little coconut milk and a hint of cinnamon, but if you like this also works great with peaches, pineapple, or even melon.
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp good quality cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15-20 minutes, until strawberries are very soft. Remove from heat and allow to sit until cool to the touch.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve (optional). Cool completely.
- Pour into a large freezer safe container, preferably one that is large enough so the liquid is not more than two inches tall. Freeze at least 8 hours.
- To serve, use a metal fork to scrape along the top of the frozen granita. Spoon into glasses and serve immediately.