- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 8 oz. Spaghetti, Fusilli or Linguine, uncooked
- 4 tbsp. cornstarch, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. dry sherry (optional)
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 12 oz. boneless beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks (2 cups)
- 1 10- oz. package frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
1 In a small bowl, blend 1 tablespoon each of the cornstarch and soy sauce, sherry, garlic, ginger and pepper.
2 Add beef; marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. In a small bowl, blend remaining 3 tablespoons cornstarch into water. Stir in remaining 1/3 cup soy sauce.
3 Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
4 Add 1 teaspoon oil to pasta, toss to coat. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add meat mixture and stir-fry for 1 minute.
5 Remove meat mixture from heat. In the same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
6 Add carrots and onion and stir-fry until tender-crisp.
7 Stir in meat, cornstarch mixture and green beans. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and translucent.
8 Arrange hot pasta on warm serving platter, and top with meat mixture.
9 Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
Source: National Pasta Association