Quick weeknight chicken dinners don’t have to be boring or ho-hum. This Asian-inspired recipe has a zippy ginger flavor and delicious rich miso. Serve with rice, noodles, or in lettuce cups.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced or cubed
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: cashews or peanuts, sesame seeds, and thinly sliced scallions
1. In a small bowl, combine corn starch, broth, peanut butter, miso, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, sriracha, and pepper. Set aside.
2. Add sesame oil to a wok or large sauté pan and place over high heat. Once hot starts to smoke, add chicken, stir frying until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate.
3. Stir fry vegetables, in batches, adding more oil if necessary, until vegetables are lightly browned.
4. Add chicken and vegetables back to the pan and add psauce, stirring constantly until thickened.
5. Transfer chicken and vegetables to a platter and garnish. Serve with lo mein noodles, rice, or in lettuce cups.