Spinach and potatoes combine to transform humble latkes into a sublime side dish. These latkes are made with mashed potatoes, but you can use some shredded potatoes for extra texture.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8 servings (16 latkes)Servings
3 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 smashed and peeled clove garlic
1 (10-ounce) box frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
¼ cup snipped chives
¼ cup matzoh meal
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
2 eggs, beaten
- Boil potatoes and garlic in salted water for 15 minutes.
- Using a ricer, rice potatoes with the garlic into a mixing bowl. Add spinach, chives, matzoh meal, salt and nutmeg. Add beaten eggs to bind ingredients together.
- Shape 1/4 cup of mixture into latkes. Spray cooking spray into a nonstick sauté pan. Brown latkes on each side.
- Serve with sour cream for a dairy meal, if desired.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher