Spinach and potatoes combine to transform humble latkes into a sublime side dish.
- Prep Time
- 3 baking:potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 smashed:and peeled clove garlic
- 1 (10-ounce) box:frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup:snipped chives
- 1/4 cup:matzoh meal
- 1 teaspoon:kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon:nutmeg
- 2 eggs,:beaten
- Boil potatoes and garlic in salted water for 15 minutes.
- Using a ricer, rice potatoes with the garlic into a mixing bowl. Add spinach, chives, matzoh meal, salt and nutmeg. Add beaten eggs to bind ingredients together.
- Shape 1/4 cup of mixture into latkes. Spray cooking spray into a nonstick sauté pan. Brown latkes on each side.
- Serve with sour cream for a dairy meal, if desired.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher