Tender rib-eye meets crispy, salty latke and together they lived happily ever after! Delicious for a holiday party or anytime.
Start with a basic latke recipe, like Jamie's Crispy Latkes, then add the steak and sauce. You can have your butcher slice the steak, or par-freeze the meat and slice it yourself with a very sharp knife.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
Quick and Easy Steak Sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sharp mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, cut into julienne
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-pound ribeye, sliced very thinly
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 16 latkes (link under photo)
- Steak sauce
Quick and Easy Steak Sauce:
1. Simmer ketchup, soy sauce, broth, apple cider vinegar, mustard, hot sauce, and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat until very thick, about 10 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Heat a heavy duty sauté pan, lightly coated with evoo, over high heat.
3. Caramelize onion until deep golden brown. Add mushrooms and continue cooking until mushrooms are golden brown.
4. Heat latkes in preheated oven.
5. Add garlic and thinly sliced beef to the pan. Cook, stirring constantly until beef is medium rare, about 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Pile meat on latkes and top with steak sauce.