- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 12 oz. Spaghetti, Linguine or Thin Spaghetti uncooked
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 oz. broccoli florets
- 8 oz. asparagus, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 4 scallions or spring onions, cut in 1-inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 10- oz. package frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 green or red bell pepper, coarsly chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinega
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
2 In a large pot, cook broccoli and asparagus in boiling water until crisp yet tender, about 4 minutes
3 Drain and add to pasta
4 Add scallions, garlic, peas, bell pepper, mushrooms and parsley to pasta.
5 In a small bowl, whisk together first seven dressing ingredients.
6 Slowly whisk in the oil until dressing is well blended.
7 Pour dressing over pasta mixture and toss gently until well mixed.
Source: National Pasta Association