Every version of risotto is fabulous, but for the most authentic you have to go dairy with this dish - the combination of sharp parmesan and tangy goat cheese make this spring vegetable version superb.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 4 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 smal carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 cup asparagus, tips removed, stems peeled and cut into this slices on the bias
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 6 ounce crumbled Natural & Kosher Goat Cheese
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a small saucepan, bring stock to a simmer and keep warm over low heat.
2. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, and carrots and sauté 5 to 8 minutes or until softened. Add rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat with oil. Add 1 cup of stock and stir constantly until nearly all the liquid is absorbed. Add remaining stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion is absorbed and rice is tender. Add peas and asparagus and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove the rice from heat and stir in cheese, salt and pepper. Garnish with more parmesan if desired.