I top this veggie grain bowl with baked tofu, save time by buying flavored baked tofu. You can skip the tofu altogether if you are serving this as a side to a larger meal.
Looking for more tofu inspiration? See the recipes that made Jamie's Top Tofu Hit-List.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice of one orange (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita 1 clove garlic minced
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (12-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black lentils
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup fresh finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh finely chopped mint
- 1 cup broccoli florets, blanched or frozen
- ½ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- pinch of salt, to taste
1. Whisk together evoo, soy sauce, orange juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl. Add tofu and toss well. Allow to marinate at least 20 minutes or even overnight if you have time.
2. Preheat oven to 400. Bake tofu for about 20 minutes tossing half way through until firm and crispy.
1. In a large bowl combine quinoa, lentils, red onion, parsley, cilantro, mint, broccoli, and peas.
2. Add evoo, maple syrup, lemon juice, Dijon, and salt.
3. Toss everything well, adjust for taste, top with baked tofu and serve.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.