Spring onion chutney makes a perfect complement for roasted chicken, fish and vegetables.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoons:olive oil
- 1 pound:spring onions, sliced
- 2 cloves:garlic, minced
- Pinch:of crushed red chili flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons:brown sugar
- 1/4 cup:red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup:red wine
- 2 tablespoons:mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup:golden raisins
- Salt and freshly:ground pepper
- Heat a medium saucepan, lightly coated with olive oil, over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until the onions are lightly browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic and continue cooking until the garlic has softened (about 2 minutes).
- Add the remaining ingredients and decrease the heat to medium low. Cook the chutney until the liquid has evaporated and the onions are very soft (about 20-30 minutes).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chutney with roasted chicken, fish or vegetables.
- The chutney can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or frozen for 1 month.
Contributed by:LAURA FRANKEL