Packed with iron and protein, this salad offers serious nutrition. Brighten it up with chopped fresh fruit or a handful of craisins. You can easily make a balsamic dressing, and it’s a terrific pairing for any fresh spinach salad. When it’s not Pesach, you can add kick to the dressing by adding 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard.
- Prep Time
- 8 cups baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
1. In a large bowl, combine spinach with onions and walnuts.
1. Place mayonnaise, balsamic vinegar and sugar in a food processor and pulse 3 or 4 times; alternatively, whisk together by hand. Process or whisk until smooth and creamy.
2. Pour dressing over salad and toss well to coat.
3. Serve immediately and garnish with freshly ground black pepper