This elegant soup is a great Italian-Chinese combination! You can make the meat as described in the directions. However, if a bit more work does not frighten you it is lovely when prepared in small meatballs!
- 8 servings ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 small onion, peeled, sliced and diced
- 6 large scallions, thinly sliced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 tablespoon chicken-flavored soup powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon meat-flavored soup powder (optional)
- 2 1/2 cup chopped spinach, fresh or frozen
- salt and pepper to taste
- 7-8 cup water
1. In a deep pot, saute onions, scallions and garlic. Add ground veal and soup powders.
2. Stir until the meat browns and add the spinach. (It is not necessary to defrost, but it should be broken up.)
3. Add water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 60-90 minutes. Add water if necessary
4. Add Salt and pepper to taste.
Note: Veal can be substituted with chicken, turkey and/or soy crumbles.