- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 burgers ServingsServings
- 1½ pound ground turkey
- ⅓ cup chopped frozen spinach, defrosted and drained well
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sourdough rolls, split
- 8 tablespoon Roasted Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- In a large bowl combine turkey, defrosted spinach, and garlic powder and mix well.
- Divide into 4 portions and form into ½-inchthick patties. Season both sides lightly with pepper.
- Cook burgers on a preheated grill for 12 to 15 minutes per side or until cooked all the way through.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place each burger on a sourdough roll with 2 tablespoons Roasted Tomato Sauce and a few fresh spinach leaves.
TIP: When making burgers, remove the ground meat from the fridge about 20 minutes before forming into patties. Resist the urge to over handle while trying to form perfect-looking burgers. Over handling will cause the meat to toughen.