This recipe was adapted (okay, snatched) from my Aunt Rachel's recipe box. In my opinion, it's the perfect party food. Put it on an hors d'oeuvre table with some crudité (that's raw vegetables) and dip.
- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 1 (16-ounce) package chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion flakes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned mini croutons
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon prepared crushed garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, place spinach, parmesan, onion, egg, croutons, butter, garlic and Tabasco. Mix well.
- Shape spinach mixture into 1-inch balls using hands or a melon baller.
- Arrange on cookie sheet spaced 1 inch apart.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, until croutons are slightly golden.
Prepare this a week ahead of time by freezing tidbits after step 5. Freeze them on the cookie sheet overnight and in the morning transfer them to a sealable plastic bag for easier storage. Do not thaw them before baking; just increase baking time by 20 minutes.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER