It's the combination of beauty and texture that makes this Spinach Salad with Pomegranate Dressing both pleasing to the eye and palate. Crisp, fresh spinach leaves, vibrant ruby red pomegranate seeds and crunchy croutons round out this recipe. As it's my custom not to eat nuts during the high holiday season I add a handful of toasted or candied walnuts at other times throughout the year.
- Prep Time
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup store-bought croutons
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1. In a small bowl, whisk shallots with pomegranate juice, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
2. Whisk in olive oil in a steady stream.
3. In a salad bowl, toss the baby spinach with the croutons and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with the dressing.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010)