Spinach salad with blueberries, the perfect Spring Salad.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 cup (250 mL) of blueberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) slivered almonds (toasted, optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light, crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) extra virgin, olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) Ribena (concentrated blackcurrant nectar)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon (20 mL) fresh, lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) freshly cracked pepper
1 In a small bowl whisk together the salad dressing ingredients: olive oil, Ribena, lemon juice, fresh mint and pepper.
2 Toasting the almonds is optional, but it does intensify their flavour.
3 To toast, place the almonds in an ungreased saucepan over medium heat.
4 Stir them often, so they don’t burn. They are done when golden brown.
5 This should take about 5 minutes.
6 Place the spinach, blueberries, almonds and feta cheese in a large bowl.
7 Gently toss salad with the dressing and serve.
Source: Almond Board of California