A tasty spinach and ricotta quiche that can be made ahead, this elegant dish is a crowd-pleaser.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large bunches spinach (about 1 pound), cut into ribbons and thoroughly dried
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy pot over high heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the spinach, in batches if necessary, and saute until just wilted.
4. Lightly beat the ricotta and eggs together in a bowl.
5. Add the spinach mixture, feta, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour the batter into a greased 9x13-inch pan. Bake for about 40 minutes, until the top is very lightly browned.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.