- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 8-inch prebaked pie crust
- 10.5 ounce frozen chopped spinach
- 3 tablespoon shallots finely minced
- .5 teaspoon garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- .75 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs beaten
- .5 teaspoon salt
- .25 teaspoon nutmeg
- .25 teaspoon pepper
- .5 cup gruyere or similar cheese grated
- .5 teaspoon paprika
Defrost spinach and press to drain all liquid thoroughly.
Saute shallots and garlic in butter until soft.
Beat half-and-half and eggs together. Add the nutmeg, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix in the spinach, shallots, garlic, and cheese.
Pour into prebaked pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until set (check by sticking knife into center of quiche-it's done when it comes out clean).