Sizzling sauce, gooey cheese and layers of pasta epitomizes comfort food
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 pound package frozen spinach
- 1 24 oz. jar of marinara sauce or 1 container of crushed tomatoes
- 1 16 oz. container Ricotta cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 lb. package of lasagna noodles
- 1 8 oz. package of mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
1 Preheat dairy oven to 350 degrees.
2 Boil water for lasagna noodles in a large pot.
3 Defrost spinach and squeeze out liquid with paper towel.
4 Add egg and ricotta cheese to spinach.
5 Place lasagna in pot of boiling water and boil for 6 minutes.
6 Pour marinara sauce on bottom of pan and top with lasagna noodle.
7 Pour sauce on top and sprinkle ½ cup of cheese, top with another layer of lasagna noodles.
8 Top with ricotta spinach mixture.
9 Top with lasagna, cheese and sauce and lasagna.
10 Top with ricotta mixture
11 Top with lasagna, sauce and lasagna.
12 Top with sauce and cheese
13 Bake for 40-45 minutes.
As seen in the JoyofKosher with Jamie Geller Magazine (Bitayavon Winter 2011) – Subscribe Now