This light side vegetable kugel packs an iron punch.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 cupcakesServings
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) carton button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (1-pound) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Saute mushrooms until golden brown.
4. In a large bowl add mushrooms, spinach, eggs, mayonnaise, turmeric, sugar, celery seed, minced onion, onion powder, parsley, salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
5. Pour into a well greased muffin tins and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.