Spinach, zucchini, potato, onion and eggs fried in oil equals instant classic.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 latkesServings
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, stemmed rinsed and chopped
- 1 pound zucchini, peeled
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 onion
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried ground coriander
1. Grate the potatoes, zucchini and onion in food processor. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
2. Place the grated potato in a bowl and add the spinach, egg, flour, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
3. In large, non-stick skillet, heat enough oil to cover bottom of the pan.
4. Spoon out the batter (approx 2-3 tablespoons per latke) into pan, being careful not to crowd the latkes.
5. Cook until crisp and brown on one side, then turn and fry on other side. Drain on paper towels.
6. Keep finished pancakes warm in oven until all pancakes are fried.