Spinach and cheese is such a great comination. You can prepare this spinach and ricotta stuffing, put it aside, and then decide what to use if for: omelets, ravioli, cannaloni, mushrooms. The sky's the limit.
- Prep Time
- 1 cup cooked, chopped, and thoroughly drained fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
1. In a bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta, mozzarella cheese, garlic and onion; mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add the egg; mix well.
3. Set aside until ready to use.