This is no “pie” in the traditional sense – there is no crust, although this recipe does call for a small amount of matzoh meal. The body of the dish is a generous servicing of fresh, baby spinach and parsley and dill. A unique addition to the table that easily compliments any meat course!
- 6 ServingsServings
- 3 cup spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup dill, chopped
- 6 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup matzoh meal
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well to combine.
3. Grease or spray the sides and bottom of a 8x11 pyrex dish. Add the greens to the pyrex and bake for 35 minutes or until the greens pull away from the sides of the dish.
4. Serve warm or room temperature.