We’ve taken traditional Greek spanakopita and gave it the rugelach treatment.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 16 rugalechServings
Extra virgin olive oil
2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 (10-ounce) packages of frozen spinach, thawed
3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup sour cream
Freshly ground black pepper
1 disc of prepared and chilled rugelach dough
- Add evoo to small sauté pan and place over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until soft and just beginning to brown. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes more until softened. Remove from heat.
- Squeeze excess water out of spinach. Place spinach in the pan with shallots and fold in cheeses, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle a little flour on the countertop or surface and roll 1 disc of dough out into a ⅛-inch thick circle.
- Distribute spinach filling onto the circle, then cut into 16 wedges. Roll each wedge toward the center and beginning with the wide edge.
- Transfer rugelach to prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake rugelach at 375°F for 20 to 30 minutes, until the pastries are golden brown. Cool before serving.