You can make this dip on it's own, heat in the oven and use as a dip for matzo crackers, or spread on a sheet of matzo and enjoy it as a pizza.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts or bottom (frozen would be fine too)
- 6-8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 pieces of matzo
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
1 Preheat oven to 425°F.
2 In a small sauce pan, heat the oil, garlic and red pepper flakes over medium-low heat, until the garlic is fragrant and tender. Remove from heat and let cool.
3 In food processor, roughly chop the spinach and artichoke hearts. Transfer to a large bowl and combine with cream cheese and infused oil. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
4 Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and lay out sheets of matzo. Spread the spinach and artichoke mixture evenly over the matzo. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
5 Bake for 8-10 minutes or until browned.