- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Turkey Tenderloin : 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin, 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Pound TURKEY TENDERLOINS
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil, 1/4 Cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Black Bean Salsa : 2 Teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 Cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 Can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Can (8-3/4 ounces) corn, drained
- 1/3 Cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut in quarters
1 Turkey Tenderloin : In small bowl combine chili powder, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper; sprinkle mixture over turkey.
2 In medium nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, brown turkey in hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
3 Add lime juice, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink in center and food thermometer reaches 165 degrees F.
4 Black Bean Salsa : In medium nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Sauté onion and jalapeno pepper in oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion softens.
5 Add beans, corn, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt and cilantro. Cook 5 to 10 minutes, or until mixture is heated throughout.
6 To serve, squeeze a lime wedge over each serving. Garnish with additional cilantro sprigs.
Source: National Turkey Federation