- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 1 pound fresh okra washed and trimmed
- 1 large onion julienned
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 28 oz can peeled roma tomatoes medium dice
- 2 tablespoon creole or cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package Spicy Turkey Sausage cut on the bias I used KOL FOODS Spicy Turkey Sausage
- 1 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
1 Place 1 tablespoon of the oil in a deep pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the sausage, and cook until it’s golden brown on all or most sides. Transfer the sausage to a plate.
2 Place the okra in the pan stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown a little, then add the onions and sauté them until they are soft and translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
3 Add the garlic and cook for another minute or so, stirring once or twice, and then add the creole spice. Then the tomatoes, stock and sausage are added to the pan.
4 Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook, uncovered, stirring once in a while, until the okra is very tender and the sauce has thickened, about 45 minutes.
5 Serve with cooked quinoa.