Everyone needs a little spice to their barbecue, and this is the side dish that will do just that. From the hickory smoked barbecue sauce to the spicy sausage, this side dish is infused with so many fresh flavors. So before you decide to put out that bowl of baked beans, re-think that decision and try something new.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8-10 ServingsServings
- 2 (16 oz) can of pinto beans
- 1 (12 oz) package of sausage I used Jack's Gourmet "Mexican Style Chorizo" Sausage
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/2 cup of hickory brown sugar barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup of onion crunch
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
1. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Chop onion into 1/2" pieces.
3. Slice sausage in bite size pieces.
4. Place onions and olive oil in a large frying pan. Sauté on a medium-high heat. Once the onions begin to brown, add the sausage, and sauté for 10 minutes on a medium heat.
5. Pour the beans, and sausage mixture into a baking pan. Add the barbecue sauce. Mix well. Place in the oven for 45 minutes.
6. Take the baking dish out of the oven, and add onion crunch over the top. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes.