An easy, spicy minestrone soup with a "kick" to it!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 pound kosher ground turkey
- 1/2 pound kosher beef sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 package (10-ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (16-ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Pinch of pepper
1. In a large sauce pan over medium heat, saute onion in oil until tender, about 4 minutes.
2. Add the turkey, beef sausage, parsley, garlic and basil. Cook until the meat is no longer pink.
3. Add the tomatoes, broth, zucchini and mixed vegetables; cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
4. Add beans, macaroni, vinegar, salt if desired and pepper. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
This soup has a nice kick to it and it's super easy to make.